On 03/18/2013 12:28 PM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:

> Yes, but it isn't very useful AFAIK.  Starting playing one starts playing
> the other, etc.  No extra functionality but twice the chaos.

What is this chaos you speak of?  Each instance is self-contained.  At
one point I had something like a dozen different versions of Rosegarden
all running at the same time while testing something or other.

I suppose if you're using JACK transport sync or whatever that MIDI time
sync is, you could experience plenty of mayhem that way.  I'm mildly
curious if that's what you did to give you such a chaotic impression.

> One thing you might try is editing one, copying to clipboard, then edit
> the other and paste.  That works.

I piddled around a few minutes trying to do that, and I see no way to
get anything transferred from one instance to another through some
intermediary external clipboard.  Does that really work somehow or other?
--
D. Michael McIntyre