On So, 2013-11-24 at 14:51 +0000, Abrolag wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:41:39 +0000
> chuck elliot <chuck.ell...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > before moaning, let me first say how great I think RG is!
> > A problem I have had with successive releases has been
> > that my midi assignments are not recalled correctly. I
> > have a dual USB midi interface and a standard sound card
> > which also has a built in midi interface. I have a Korg M1
> > connected to USB midi 2 and a Korg M3 connected to USB midi 1.
> > The sound card is for audio only. However, when I start up RG
> > I find it has reassigned instruments to the sound card midi
> > interface and these have to be reset to their correct destinations.
> > Any enlightenment gratefully received...
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Chuck Elliot.
>

> What order are you starting things up in? Rosegarden has to be absolutely the
> last thing. Logically, it can't connect to something that isn't there. It
> tries
> to be helpful and connected to whatever it *can* find.

Hello,
I can confirm this behavior. I my mind it is a problem of the randomly
assigned numbers of alsa devices on boot up. I'm using ubuntu 13.10 and
the RG 13.04 from the package repository. But the problem was in
rosegarden since I use it. I don't know, how RG saves the
midi-studio-configuration. If there are alsa device-id saved, maybe on
next boot they are completely different.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only a user.
But setting a definitve alsa-id to every device isn't so easy to
configure, I'm afraid to destroy my apart from that ice running system.
So I reconfigure my 3 in- and 2 outports everytime I start RG.
If theres a easy way to work around this, please let us know.

best wishes, Rockford