On 01/12/2014 03:22 PM, Blaise Alleyne wrote:

> Now, I have the device set to use a synth plugin to voice the
> instruments, not a General MIDI device. Is that the problem? Does that
> programchange event method only work for a MIDI device?

I don't think it's possible to get any of the existing synth plugins to
respond to program changes.  You could do this using QSynth as a
stand-alone external soft synth though.

> Or is there a
> way I can do the same thing to switch between synth plugin instruments?

That would require what amounts to controller automation, and so it
can't be done with Rosegarden.  I don't think it can be done with
anything else either, but I haven't paid any attention to the broader
Linux audio community in a number of years now.
--
D. Michael McIntyre