Hello,

I'm using Rosegarden to arrange for strings. I tried following these
instructions to create events to switch between pizzicato and arco
instruments, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/en/chapter-7.html#7_1_2

Now, I have the device set to use a synth plugin to voice the
instruments, not a General MIDI device. Is that the problem? Does that
programchange event method only work for a MIDI device? Or is there a
way I can do the same thing to switch between synth plugin instruments?

Thanks,
Blaise