> Hello list. Just installed Rosegarden. However when I start it, it says:
> "Rosegarden was unable to find a high-resolution
> timing source for MIDI performance." It then advice me to load the module,
> modeprobe snd-rtctimer. However I don't have such a module on this system.
> How serious is this? Thanks
>
> --
> German <gentger...@gmail.com>

Hi,

I haven't found it to make any practical difference on (semi) modern
hardware.  If you are using external MIDI synths, keyboards, filters, and
other accessories, particularly legacy ones, they introduce their own
errors which are bigger.  Perhaps if you a sequencing an entire orchestra
it might, perhaps, just maybe ;-)

ram