On 09/09/2014 04:01 AM, Michael Gerdau wrote:

> According to the OPs initial report this piano had been created and
> saved as a second cello. It becoming a piano on (re-)opening the
> arrangement is the problem :)

Yes, I understand that.

It's not obvious why this is happening, because everything looks good on
the surface.  Everything is assigned to instruments correctly, the
instruments are defined correctly in the XML (the instrument in question
comes out sounding as a piano even though it clearly specifies cello)
and so on like that.  I even managed to get a cello playing for the
fourth voice just by randomly diddling controls during my exploration.

Something weird is going on here.  It's a valid bug report.

What's causing it and when we'll solve it, I have no idea yet.  I tested
to confirm the problem, but haven't investigated the root cause yet.
--
D. Michael McIntyre