On 09/09/2014 01:20 AM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> It's not obvious why this is happening, because everything looks good on
> the surface.  Everything is assigned to instruments correctly, the
> instruments are defined correctly in the XML (the instrument in question
> comes out sounding as a piano even though it clearly specifies cello)
> and so on like that.  I even managed to get a cello playing for the
> fourth voice just by randomly diddling controls during my exploration.
> Something weird is going on here.  It's a valid bug report.
> What's causing it and when we'll solve it, I have no idea yet.  I tested
> to confirm the problem, but haven't investigated the root cause yet.

One additional detail that may or may not be related to the second cello
to piano mismatch problem -- I initially copied the FluidSynth general
MIDI soundfont file to a folder in my home directory
(/home/dpchrist/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2) and used that path when working on
the project with Soundgarden.  After wiping the machine and rebuilding
it, and also when working on another machine, the home directory
soundfont folder does not exist.  When I open the Rosegarden project
file, Rosegarden complains about the missing soundfont file, but finds
the soundfont file of the same name in the system tree and loads that.
(I assume the rest of you see this when you open the project file ?)

HTH,

David