On 09/12/2015 05:34 PM, Mario Moles wrote:

> It would also be nice if you could have "move to level x"

It doesn't really work that way in Rosegarden.

Typical notation editors like Sibelius or MusE Score have the standard
[1][2][3][4] buttons, and let you add notes to one of four voices per
staff.  We thought about implementing something like that in Rosegarden,
and it was quite difficult to do.

During that discussion, somebody noticed that our display engine already
handled the job of putting overlapping segments on the same staff
reasonably well.  We decided to go in that direction.

There are no "levels" as such.  You can overlap four or 400 segments at
the same time on the same track, and get them all onto the same staff.
The only way, in practice, to tell one from another is to assign each
segment a unique color.

I wrote some tutorials where I attempted to show people how to use these
features.  I don't have time to go look for them at this moment.
--
D. Michael McIntyre