On 09/04/2017 10:54 PM, david wrote:
I have 2 different projects open in Rosegarden - #1 and #2.
I opened #1 first, worked on it a while, then opened #2.
When I hit play in #2, both projects play.

I'm not sure that rosegarden supports two instances very well. I tried your test case and couldn't reproduce it. However, I did notice that the two instances of rg had strange connections between their ports. E.g. "sync out" of one was connected to "external controller" of another. Maybe some strange connection is being made and that's allowing one instance to trigger playback on another.

Use "aconnect -l" to list connections. Or patchage is more graphical (but crashes a lot).

The MIDI Sync settings in the preferences offer a way for rg to trigger playback on another sequencer or be triggered by another. This might also be coming into play here.

Ted.