On 09/06/2017 10:57 PM, Michael Gerdau wrote:
Hi David,

Oh, well. These are hymn scores for my church, and I've found it's
usually faster just to put them in manually than to try importing them
and cleaning them up.

if all you want is printing hymns and such - which basically is similar to my
own usecase - then I suggest having a look at Lilypond and Frescobaldi. That's
what I use and for short hymns I'm faster entering them manually from scratch
than importing from MIDI and then cleaning up.

Oh, I also record the audio output to add to our song library or do simple variations (here's how it sounds on piano, on organ, with a flute playing the descant, etc.) I've also added bass lines for our bassist sometimes, but I have to convert that into tablature for him. Since RG can't create and output tablature, that requires exporting a MIDI from RG and importing that into Tuxguitar. So the tablature isn't lined up with the rest of the score, so that hasn't worked well.

I looked at Frescobaldi and decided that writing music in Lilypond reminds me too much of programming graphics in Postscript!

Someone else I know who does much the same thing - only he doesn't output anything in audio formats - uses MuseScore. He produces very nice hymn scores with it.

Thanks helping sort it out.

You're welcome, kind regards,
Michael

One problem down! :)