Hi Lorenzo,

On 09/30/2017 09:28 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
Hi John,

On 29/09/17 00:19, John A wrote:
Hi all,

What I am aiming at is to be able to listen to the midi tracks being played through the korg in the headphones while recording vocal audio tracks through the microphone, but I am having trouble.

I am trying to record audio from a microphone into a track in Rosegarden 15.12. I have the track set to audio, and I have the instrument parameters set to 'in 1' and out to master. The input meter in the instrument parameters shows that signal from the mic is coming in. When I try to record that input onto the track, though, it only records the output of the other tracks, and not the vocal from the mic. These are midi tracks played through a korg keyboard. The keyboard and the mic are coming through the same interface, a scarlet focusrit

If I understand correctly you connect both your Korg keyboard and a microphone to your Scarlett? Is the interface a 2i2? In that case you would maybe connect the keyboard to input 2 and the microphone to input 1. One important thing to remember, if that's your set-up, is that on the 2i2 those are *mono* inputs.. so you're going to have to connect 'capture_1' as jack most probably calls it (your input 1 on the Scarlett).

Yep, it's a 2i2, and this worked. I had the keyboard on in 1 L and the mic on in 2 R. I switched the mic to in 2 L, and it worked exactly as I want it to.

Thanks for the tip!