Hi, Ted!

On 01/09/2018 03:09 PM, Ted Felix wrote:
On 01/09/2018 03:51 AM, david wrote:
When I open an RG file by double clicking it in Thunar (XFCE4's file manager), the file opens and everything works. After I close RG ... it leaves behind the lock file.

Was that fixed in 17.12?

   I can't reproduce this issue in Ubuntu 17.10 (GNOME) with rg 17.04.

Only have Debian Testing here.

   Does it work fine when opening files within rg and then closing rg?

Just tried it by opening RG, opening the file, then closing RG using XFCE's window close widget. The lock file went away.

   How are you closing rg?  Does it work ok if you File > Quit to close rg?

Tried closing multiple ways - alt-F4, using the window close widget.

Was completely unable to duplicate the problem.

Must have been the phases of the moon or something. Thanks for fixing it quantum-mechanics-style simply by turning your attention toward it! :)

--
David W. Jones
http://dancingtreefrog.com