On 01/11/2018 04:09 PM, Ted Felix wrote:
On 01/10/2018 12:59 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
Another way that's caught me (rather more often than I'd like to admit) is shutting down the desktop, without first shutting down
Rosegarden.

I tried that as well, and I cannot reproduce it.  GNOME seems to send
 a proper "close window" message to rg before going down.  Which
window manager are you using?  How are you shutting down the desktop?
Something catastrophic like Alt+Ctrl+Backspace?

Wouldn't surprise me. I updated XFCE on my desktop PC a few days ago, that also updated lightdm (display manager) and the ability to shutdown the PC from the display manager login screen was gone.

Bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs! You'd think the recent demise of his animator
would reduce his influence! ;)

Wasn't there some discussion on adding some kind of time stamp to
the lock file, so that it will ignore one that was (say) over 24
hour old.

There was some discussion about something. I think it was storing and checking the host name and process id. Same host name and
process id doesn't exist, ignore the lock file.

Yes, IIRC, it was in context of someone who had or wanted to have shared
access to an RG project on a fileshare and be able to work on it
simultaneously from RG sessions on different PCs?

It's not on my todo list, though.  I close my apps before shutting
down.

I have once or twice forgotten, but never with RG. When using RG, I
usually also have to shutdown Yoshimi or Aeolus or other audio applications.

--
David W. Jones
http://dancingtreefrog.com