The ports remain to be correct  after loading the example files.

A preempt kernel on Tumbleweed is not easy, because TW itself doesn't provide one, and with sometimes two or three kernel updates each week it's cumbersome to keep them in sync if you build your own kernel.

You made a very thorough description of installing midi-related software in your tutorial! Still I don't get RG to work on TW correctly after reading and applying it.

But I did manage to get RG working on my son's laptop, and that is what was important to me; he needs it for his piano lessons.

So I'd say, thanks a lot!, and lets not waste your time on getting it to work on TW.

regards, Jogchum