On 08/09/2018 09:30 AM, Ted Felix wrote:
On 08/09/2018 03:16 AM, david wrote:
Trying to run it from command line after building it gives me a very
brief flash of splash screen, then this appears in the terminal:
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted

   Same as before.  Again, best guess is a library issue.

Ideas? I know I'm not running a "standard, stable distribution," but if Rosegarden ends up not working under that, how good a chance will it have when Testing becomes the new Stable?

  I'm guessing someone tracks down the offending library and reports it.  I assume they back-level them one by one to find them, then try building a newer or older version to figure out exactly where the failure is.  It should get shaken out eventually.

I haven't got Ubuntu 18 installed anywhere to test. Does RG work on Ubuntu 18?

  I upgrade to the latest Ubuntu about one month after it is released. Ubuntu 18.04 works fine.

Thanks, Ted. My wife's laptop offered the upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, so I tried it. Afterwards, there was no working network connection. I restored the previous Ubuntu 16.04 LTS image and did some googling around. I found references to the INTERNET not working after the upgrade, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was no working NETWORK connection at all.

Apparently the fix is in an updated kernal (4.15.0.24.26), but that doesn't appear to be the kernel that the Ubuntu upgrade process installs ... so guess I'll hold off on trying Ubuntu 18.04 LTS as a fix on my laptop.

I think I'll give Ubuntu 18.04 some more time to cook before I try it. I don't think it's done yet.

--
David W. Jones
http://dancingtreefrog.com