> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 19:28:11 -0400
> From: krsg...@trixtar.org
> To: rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Rosegarden-user] 17.12 & 19.06   Studio>Audio-Mixer
>
> When I launch the mixer with no file loaded into RG the channels or tracks
> are numbered but these number are very tiny (almost unreadable), and they
> vanish altogether as soon as a file gets loaded
>
> Suse Tumbleweed/Leap-15.1, 1920x1200 resolution
>
> Is this a bug, is it known, any fixes?
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:15:15 +0200
> From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsut...@gmail.com>
> To: rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Rosegarden-user] 17.12 & 19.06 Studio>Audio-Mixer
>
> Hi krsgrdn,
>
> On 02/08/19 01:28, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm new to this list (again)
> >
> > When I launch the mixer with no file loaded into RG the channels or tracks
> > are numbered but these number are very tiny (almost unreadable), and they
> > vanish altogether as soon as a file gets loaded
> >
> > Suse Tumbleweed/Leap-15.1, 1920x1200 resolution
>
> For a higher resolution screen you might look into higher DPI settings
> for QT which Rosegarden is using. I'm not sure what Desktop Environment
> your distribution is using. In my case (I am using XFCE) changing DPI
> for X as described in the Arch Wiki [1][2] : essentially QT applications
> pick-up the settings and you should get everything bigger and more
> combfortable for the eyes.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Lorenzo.
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI#X_Server
> [2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Display_size_and_DPI

I use a laptop (daytime 1920x1080, Suse-Leap-15.1) and a desktop (evening
1920x1200, Suse Tumbleweed), both must use the proprietary nvidia driver or
google-earth won't work. I should have included that I use kde5 or splashma5
(don't know what the difference is).

On the laptop I just did

xdpyinfo | grep -B 2 resolution
screen #0:
  dimensions:    1920x1080 pixels (381x211 millimeters)
  resolution:    128x130 dots per inch

There is a GTK (gnome) font-setting in KDE (Appearance>App-Style>Gnome) but
this has no effect on Rosegarden, it does on Sylpheed, my mailer. Nor does it
have any effect on Nedit menubar fonts, the other problematic app.

editing into the end of /etc/X11/Xresources:
  nedit*fontList: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--20-*-*-*-*-*-*

USED to fix Nedit but no longer does. All the other fonts in Rosegarden are OK
as per the KDE font settings, like window title fontsize, etc. I can also boot
XFCE on my Suse intalls so I did.  There I can adjust fonts size and/or DPI, no
changes observed.

Finally  at the bottom of ~/.config/Trolltech.conf
there is:

[qt]
font="Adobe Helvetica,14,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0,Bold"

changing this to

font="Adobe Helvetica,34,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0,Bold"

has no effect but it gets overwritten to 14 again on reboot or on relaunch of
KDE

I'm no guru and am at wit's end (after like 3 hours)