On 6/15/20 4:15 PM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
On 6/14/20 11:06 PM, david wrote:

with weird doubled dots and crazy rests instead of something tidy and
legible.

Ideas on this?

I read that and thought, "Hmmmm. That sounds really useful!" Then I realized I was the one thinking about implementing the feature. Obviously, it never happened. Normalize rests had already been around at that point.
That's why I wondered if selecting a set of notes and quantitizing them, then selecting a bunch of rests and normalizing them, would do the trick.
I don't remember why I didn't get that done, but I probably hit some major roadblock.

Not knowing how rests are stored internally (are they, or are they calculated on the fly?) , I suppose that could be really complex.

--
David W. Jones
gn...@hawaii.rr.com