If options are enclosed in [] brackets, that usually indicates these are
optional. If you don't need them, you can omit them entirely, but if you
need them, you would need to add them but without the [] brackets.

So, if you do not want to build the debug version, then this would be
enough:
    cmake ..

If you do want to build a debug version then it should be:
    cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Hugo