On 06/04/2021 20:48, Ted Felix wrote:
>  Ok, shouldn't check for svn now.  Please test latest in git.

Yes, looks good. No complaints about missing svn executable from make
now, and "About Rosegarden" shows the right commit hash (including a '*'
at the end if there are any local uncommitted changes).

>  I didn't use git describe, but it looks like I should.  I'll
take a
> closer look.  Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome. 'git describe' output is a bit more meaningful than just
a commit hash: if all you want is a unique identifier it might not be
necessary, but it is intended for exactly this kind of use.

Cheers,
Colin.