This is odd. I thought the lock mechanism we're using (QLockFile) was keyed on process ID. Therefore it should go away automatically when it realizes that process is no longer running. Or something like that.

I've changed the subject to hopefully get David Faure's attention. QLockFile is his. Hopefully he has some insight as to why you might be having so much trouble with it.

Works great for me. Even if rosegarden crashes (and I crash it all the time) I am never locked out of a file since we switched to QLockFile.

Ted.