On 11/12/2021 19:17, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 16:50:42 +0000
Patrick May <dusthillresid...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was thinking it'd be fun if we on the rosegarden-user mailing list all
challenged ourselves to write a christmas song in Rosegarden, and post
it on the mailing list by the 20th of December.

What do you think?

Well... I didn't get round to making a Christmas song... But I recently updated the music for a new trailer of a 2016 independent sci-fi film I made the original music for: 'L'ultimo sole della notte' by director Matteo Scarfò.

This was all scored and composed in Rosegarden (with the exception of a couple of small bits recorded 'live', e.g. the piano) and only using FLOSS (Ardour, xjadeo, ...), in particular Yoshimi was the main synth/instrument used.

The updated trailer is here (you will have to bear with an inevitable ad the stream provider put in):

https://it.chili.com/player/349770e7-d367-4c84-bf79-855996e0a75f?catalogId=abee0d76-8f19-44ed-abe9-bad4a88aa142

And also visible (again with loads of ads if you want to see it for free) on the same platform or on Amazon Prime.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it btw, certainly to the devs whose work
has brought me so much enjoyment over the years!

Indeed Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all of the Rosegarden fans, and a special thank you to all of the devs and contributors, past and present ;-)

Lorenzo