Hi Ted,

On 29/11/2023 22:16, Ted Felix wrote:
  String freeze for 23.12 begins today.  .ts files have been updated against the latest code.  Get the latest from git and start translating.

https://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/dev:building_rosegarden_from_source

   Be sure to use Qt5 when working on translations:

     $ QT_SELECT=qt5 linguist

  If you don't have a fork, you can send .ts files directly to me, or post to the patches tracker.  Compressed with gzip or xz would be very much appreciated.  Diffs are even better.

   Please submit translations by Tuesday, 5 December 2023.

   Rosegarden 23.12 is scheduled for next Wednesday, 6 December 2023.

I've done a rather long pass on the Italian translation adding strings which weren't there at all and also going through several existing ones (e.g. clef names). [1]

There are a couple which I still have no idea on how to translate because I honestly am not sure what they do and where they live:

"Unadopt an Adopted Segment" (QT Linguist reports QObject and I can't find the string anywhere in the source with a grep).

"Insert Range Helper" and "Delete Range Helper" they seem to have to do with linked segments but I can't figure out where / how.

Lorenzo

[1] https://sourceforge.net/u/lorenzosu/rosegarden/ci/italian/tree/data/locale/it.ts

Thanks.
Ted.