Anno domini 2018 Hank Nussbacher scripsit:

Hi,

> While giving a routing lecture today someone asked me
> "Why was eBGP assigned an administrative distance of 20 which is better
> than OSPF's administrative distance of 110.  What was the logic behind
> that decision?"
> I was unable to think of an answer.
> Ideas?

As eBGP usually is a connection to some elses network, and OSPF only
is internally to your network, the idea is to get packets away to
someone else (-> the destination) as fast/early as possible and avoid
transporting the traffic in your own network if there is an exit.

Best
Max
--
Friends are relatives you make for yourself.