I took the Networking okay 4.02/0.8.7 RPCEmu and made a copy.

Ran it to check it was still okay.

Updated it to RO 4.39.
Put in place, modules. AutoSense etc, etc.
Rebooted the now 4.39/0.8.7 RPCEmu it booted okay.

Went to Boot Configuration and re-set up the networking, thereafter a
reboot.

Pwarp! Same problem as before, it goes through the 4.02 process in to the
"Soft Loading ROM" bit.
Gets to the same place as before...
"adfs::Hardisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Boot.Predesk.SetUpNet"
and hangs with the hourglass running but getting nowhere.

I shall now take this particular problem to the RO Select mailing list,
and see... Because I have no idea what's causing it, or how to fix it.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid