In article <51519bc408d...@triffid.co.uk>,
   Dave Symes <d...@triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> I took the Networking okay 4.02/0.8.7 RPCEmu and made a copy.

> Ran it to check it was still okay.

> Updated it to RO 4.39.
> Put in place, modules. AutoSense etc, etc.
> Rebooted the now 4.39/0.8.7 RPCEmu it booted okay.

> Went to Boot Configuration and re-set up the networking, thereafter a
> reboot.

> Pwarp! Same problem as before, it goes through the 4.02 process in to the
> "Soft Loading ROM" bit.
> Gets to the same place as before...
> "adfs::Hardisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Boot.Predesk.SetUpNet"
> and hangs with the hourglass running but getting nowhere.

> I shall now take this particular problem to the RO Select mailing list,
> and see... Because I have no idea what's causing it, or how to fix it.

> Dave

While I'm awaiting some comment from the Select mailing list, I've done a
very nasty hack that gets networking running on Select RO 4.39

I apologise in advance to all you neat and tidy computer folks, but here
goes.

I'm Assuming you have a RPCEmu 4.39 install with all the additional bits
installed.

Set up networking as per usual and save.
When you reboot it will stick at...
"adfs::Hardisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Boot.Predesk.SetUpNet"

Quit RPCEmu [X] in top right corner.
Reboot and when require press the "Z" key.
When you get the * prompt write "Desktop" (without quotes).

Navigate to:
ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Boot.PreDesk.SetUpNet
Open SetUpNet in a text editor, Bar out the first line then add:

|Run BootResources:!Internet
ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Internet.Interfaces
ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Internet.Resolver
ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Internet.Routing

Now go to ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Internet

Inside which are the config files.
Open Interfaces in a text editor and bar out the two instances of
"CheckError"
ReSave.

Open Routing and do the same with the two instances of CheckError.
ReSave.

Resolver doesn't have the CheckError.

Reboot RPCEmu.
It should now go past the blockage.
Check your Emu-Settings-Networking is spotted, if it is and your Network
Bridge has been Deleted and re-done you should have networking.

I do here with both LAN and Internet.

Doing this hack puts a strange other net icon on the icon bar, I don't
know what it is, and for the time being I'm ignoring it as I play
Networking with RO 4.39.

Another hack mess means you must quit RPCEmu completely back to Windows
and re-run it from Interpreter.exe.

Finally, don't do a Boot-Configure-Networking again, otherwise you'll be
back where you started.

Aside from that, until a proper solution comes along, I shall continue to
play.

Dave

PS: Obviously do the above at your own risk,and keep copies of files
before you are going to edit them.

--

Dave Triffid