On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 09:00 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:47 AM, Jonathan Dieter <jdie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've also added zchunk support to createrepo_c (see
> > https://github.com/jdieter/createrepo_c), but I haven't yet created a
> > pull request because I'm not sure if my current implementation is the
> > best method.  My current effort only zchunks primary.xml, filelists.xml
> > and other.xml and doesn't change the sort order.
> >

> Fedora COPR, Open Build Service, Mageia, and openSUSE also append
> AppStream data to repodata to ship AppStream information. Is there a
> way we can incorporate this into zck rpm-md? There's been an issue for
> a while to support generating the AppStream metadata as part of the
> createrepo_c run using the libappstream-builder library[1], which may
> lend itself to doing this properly.

Is it repomd.xml that actually gets changed or primary.xml /
filelists.xml / other.xml?

If it's repomd.xml, then it really shouldn't make any difference
because I'm not currently zchunking it.  As far as I can see, the only
reason to zchunk it would be to have an embedded GPG signature once
they're supported in zchunk.

> > The one area of zchunk that still needs some API work is the download
> > and chunk merge API, and I'm planning to clean that up as I add zchunk
> > support to librepo.
> >
> > Some things I'd still like to add to zchunk:
> >  * A python API
> >  * GPG signatures in addition to (possibly replacing) overall data
> >    checksum
>
> I'd rather not lose checksums, but GPG signatures would definitely be
> necessary, as openSUSE needs them, and we'd definitely like to have
> them in Fedora[2], COPR[3], and Mageia[4].

Fair enough.  Would we want zchunk to support multiple GPG signatures
or is one enough?

> >  * An expiry field? (I'm obviously thinking about signed repodata here)
>
> Do we need an expiry field if we properly processed the key
> revocation/expiration in librepo? My understanding is that current
> hiccup with it is that we don't, and that the GPG keyring used in
> librepo is independent of the RPM keyring (which it shouldn't be).

Ah, that makes sense.  Forget that idea then.

Jonathan