Miller, Vincent (Rick) wrote:

> I have ended up with rpm and rpmbuild binaries installed from FreeBSD
> ports, but not without a significant issue with a UUID bug.  Apparently,
> there is a conflict with the ossp-uuid-1.6.2_1 package.  When ports
> attempts to install libSM, it includes /usr/local/include/uuid.h as
> opposed to /usr/include/uuid.h.  Since it appeared to be a simple linking
> problem, I took the knucklehead way around it and simply renamed
> /usr/local/include/uuid.h so that ports would use /usr/include/uuid.h
> instead.

Maybe it needs to use a subdirectory for the headers, or so.
e.g. the /usr/include/ossp/uuid.h used elsewhere ? (Ubuntu)

It should be able to find the library fine anyway, assuming
that the pkgconfig .pc file is also updated accordingly...

PR (port:ossp-uuid)

--anders

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org