Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

>> First thing I'd like to do is building RPM 5.x from tarball or SCM with no
>> dependencies on MacPorts.
>
> Here's the build incantations:
>    $ cvs -d ':pserver:anonym...@rpm5.org:/v/rpm/cvs' get -r rpm-5_4 -d wdj54
> rpm
>    $ cd wdj54
>    $ ./devtool checkout
>    $ ./devtool falmouth
>    $ make
>    $ cd tests
>    $ make clean test

Installing things, not managed by MacPorts, into the "/opt/local" prefix
is bound to cause some conflicts one way or another. Wouldn't recommend it.

> You WILL need (on Lion) to install db-5.3.15  (I'm told that a db53 port was
> just added).
>
> I do this one expedient hack with db-5.,3.15 (because its a PITA to "fix"
> properly):
>
>    cd /opt/local/lib
>    ln -s db53/* .

It should be enough to use the regular CPPFLAGS+=-I/opt/local/include/db53
and LDFLAGS+=-L/opt/local/lib/db53, rather than setting up symlinks, I think.

> Change the %falmouth stanza to lose any build prerequisites
> (mostly bog standard MacPorts but I do what is needed to
> enable _EVERYTHING_ for RPM development) that you do not wish to fight with.

Adding a "rpm54" port would be the most straight-forward way to include it.
I'll see what I can do about it, should be a copy of the existing "rpm52"...

Of course, neither the %falmouth nor the (post-5.2) %macosx devtool target
nor the mac ports will help if one wants to make a stand-alone distribution.

Then you need to start from the beginning, by installing all dependencies.
Just like the %standalone target used to do, while it was still "alive" ?

--anders

User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org