On Mar 26, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Good. Careful about sqlite, its rather tricky. Preferred is
>> building/using the sqlite layer in Berkeley DB (which is
>> exactly sqlite with a Berkeley DB storage).
>
> How can I select such preferred building ?

What I'm trying to say nicely is
        Its likely the case that RPM + external sqlite3 is unstable.

But see the options use when db-5.3.15 is built. This
is what I use to build Berkely DB on Mac OS X (after
creating a build_macosx directory to build in)
===================
#!/bin/sh

prefix=/opt/local
configure_cmd="../dist/configure"
configure_args="
        --prefix=${prefix}
        --enable-cxx
        --enable-java
        --enable-sql
        --includedir=${prefix}/include/db53
        --libdir=${prefix}/lib/db53
        --program-transform-name=s,^db,db53,
        --enable-tcl
        --with-tcl=${prefix}/lib
"

$configure_cmd $configure_args
===================

>> Yes OpenMP is problematic on Mac OS X because of LLVM != GCC.
>> You might want to look at --with-java: it was rather nice.
>
> --with-java should be done or output silly messages ? :)

BeeCrypt was heavily used in Java long ago: dunno if still useful.
RPM doesn't need/use.

>> You likely should add neon to that mix.
>
> i'll do
>
>>> Question :
>>>
>>> What should I do now, I noticed a cpu-os-macros.tar.gz bundled in
>>> source RPM but not macros available for OSX inside.
>>>

>> The very first thing you should do is
>>        cd tests
>>        make -k clean test
>> and examine that output for serious flaws.
>
> test running, nothing weird for now
>
>> The cpu-os-macros.tar.gz is likely of little use on Mac OS X: what is
>> inside is the thundering herd of platforms that RPM used to attempt
>> to provide a "default" configuration for. There's too many dialects
>> from distro vendors for any one-size-fits-all "default" RPM configuration.
>
> Any suggested macros for OSX ?

OSX has a "fat" architecture that is essentially the same as "noarch".
EVeryone invents new names and the diversity just confuses.

The default macros SHOULD be gud enuf on Mac OS X.

Anders Bjorkland's Mac OS X distro based on RPM is still likely
the best around.

> May be provided by some OSX user in mailing list ?

Not sure what you ask here: you want a rpm-mac mailing list?
Or are you referring to Anders (who knows way more about RPM
on Mac OS X than anyone else, with many other skills ;-)

Anders is part of the @rpm5.org project: maintains the MacPorts
and FreeBSD ports, "smart" guy too ;-)

73 de Jeff