Hans de Goede wrote:
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Thursday, 04 December 2008 at 21:31, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Thursday, 04 December 2008 at 21:15, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Thursday, 04 December 2008 at 14:17, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Wednesday, 03 December 2008 at 19:06, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
In the long-standing tradition of breaking stuff right after a new release,
I'm going to update x264 and ffmpeg in the devel branch.

x264 brings ABI and API changes (albeit minor). I haven't checked ffmpeg yet, but there's certainly an ABI version bump in libavcodec and probably
some API changes as well.

Right now x264 is blocked on some ppc compilation issue which I'm currently trying to fix with the help of one x264 developer. I'll keep you posted.
OK, x264 build succeeded. Could someone test it on ppc/ppc64?
ffmpeg build coming soon, too. It brings libavcodec ABI version bump and some
API changes.
Affected packages:
[...]
gstreamer-ffmpeg

This needs the attached patch to build. I'm not sure what to do with the
removed CODEC_FLAG_TRELLIS_QUANT option, but see this mail:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2008-December/018101.html

Thanks!,

Actually upstream has recently done a new release and moved to a newer ffmpeg snapshot with the new API. I've checked there changes against your patch and you and them have fixed everything identical.

I've just fired of a build of the new gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.6 for devel, which should build fine against the new ffmpeg (verified locally). Actually, 0.10.6 won't build against the ffmpeg in F-10, but thats not an issue 0.10.6 seems to contain some interesting changes, so its better left to rawhide only anyways.

Hmm,

Build fails on ppc? :
http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-development-rpmfusion_free/2089-gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.6-1.fc11/

It claims it cannot find ffmpeg any idea why that would be ?

Regards,

Hans

Regards,

Hans