> On 03/13/2018 10:30 AM, David Demelier wrote:
>>
>> I see kodi is included within the kickstart. Since we now ship
>> libdvdcss in RPM Fusion it could be nice to enable DVD support in kodi.
>> I think it's very important and a useful feature.
>>
>> Raspbian has kodi with disc support by default too.
>

> That would mean moving Kodi from the regular "free" repo to the
> "free-tainted" repo, or having to create two packages, one in free and one
> in free-tainted. While it's a great thought, it isn't a "hey let's do it
> there are no consequences" action.
>
> Do we want "kodi" in free and "kodi-optical" in tainted? or "kodi" (with
> optical) in tainted and "kodi-free" in free?
The plan is not to move all dvd enabled packages to the tainted repo,
but only keep this (of few others) package that have such "tainted"
issue.

I don't quite understand the kodi specifice case behind the unbundling issue.

The usual way libdvdcss works is to be dlopened by libdvdread/nav, so
there is probably a version match between theses two. (I don't know if
that was taken into account by the libdvdcss maintainer btw).
That's why you can have libdvdread in fedora and libdvdcss in livna
for pretty much all others application.

So wrt kodi, I think the problem remains the same until kodi
libdvdread/nav is unbundled or any other solution is found. (is there
a bug report on kodi upstream about this ?).

The only improvement that can eventually be done is to be able to use
libdvdcss at build time if that makes sense for kodi. But there is a
need to avoid the dependency at runtime. Or at least it will be
questionable to have it because it will break if the tainted-free repo
isn't enabled when installing kodi.

> @Nicolas, When is the tainted repo going to be generally available? I
> haven't heard any news on this lately.

The repos are available for fedora, but there is still discussion on
how to transition from livna. (see the xavier's patches on
rpmfusion-free-release on github).

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)