The VPN requirement recommendation was for air-ground and air-air communications of devices or systems that have safety importance to aircraft.
I am not aware of a security or safety reason that would require VPNing passenger communications from aircraft. One may debatably want to do it for non-security or non-safety reasons such as consistency or performance (e.g., an ATM study has tentatively concluded that there are performance reasons to use VPN). -----Original Message----- From: Roland Dobbins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Clearly those domains cannot interfere with one another, and clearly > there are mobility considerations for all of the domains that relate > to routing and addressing. Sure - I understand VPNning aircraft stuff (though there's no reason this can't work with MANET). I don't understand VPNning passenger stuff. -- to unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body. archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg
