On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 03:01:38PM -0500, Scott Russell wrote:
> All -
>
> I understand the focus of the discussion below is Linux <-> Solaris time
> outs but is anyone else seeing the same problem under Linux <-> Linux when
> running 2.4.6 rsync --deamon?
>
> Currently I'm seeing it from the client end. Both of the servers I'm pulling
> from were updated to 2.4.6 and then I started seeing problems. Since I don't
> have visibility to the server side there isn't to much else I can say for
> sure.
>
> On my end (client side) the system is Red Hat 6.0 + errata and a 2.2.18
> kernel using rsync 2.4.6. In my logs I see "unexpected EOF in read_timeout"
> usually right after the file list is received. Running rysnc with -v -v -v
> doesn't show anything special about the problem.

Those symptoms are quite different.  I suggest checking the server side
logs first.  The EOF occurs on the client side anytime the server side goes
away prematurely.  You probably aren't yet stressing TCP because I don't
think much bidirectional traffic is exchanged so early, unless your first
file is very large.

- Dave Dykstra