On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:57:40PM -0600, Dave Dykstra wrote:

> Those symptoms are quite different.  I suggest checking the server side
> logs first.  The EOF occurs on the client side anytime the server side goes
> away prematurely.  You probably aren't yet stressing TCP because I don't
> think much bidirectional traffic is exchanged so early, unless your first
> file is very large.
>
> - Dave Dykstra

I would love to. I still cannot get the site owners at the server end to tell
me what rsyncd reports in their logs when I connect then drop. It's a quest.

All though rsync itself may not be stressing TCP my system (clinet side) is
under heavy load (avg 75% capacity on tr0) from ftp clients. Regardless, I
see the timeouts on my end from rsync even if I disable ftpd and only run
rsync requests to the upstream rsync servers.

I'll continue to look into it. Thanks for the feedback.

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])