On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 02:42:45PM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> 1. rsync can't repair an iso file except by retransmitting the entire
> file -- unlikely -- somebody would have told me this by now, and some of
> my earlier trials produced results like:

This really depends on how the file was damaged. I would venture that this
is probably the case though.

Everything else you described is as expected, it just seems that rsync
is needing to transmit more than you'd hoped. This isn't definite, of course,
but without knowing the exact contents of both files and doing some
algorithm analysis, we can't really know.

I have certainly seen large files that couldn't be "repaired" by rsync
and needed to be redownloaded.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://dtype.org