On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 03:49:27PM -0500, Don Fike wrote: > Hello, > > I have set up an anonymous rsync server > that seems to work as expected. However > when I try to access the server from several > other unix boxes using rsync with a command > like this; > > rsync netlib3.cs.utk.edu::netlib > > I get the motd and then a line that states > > client: nothing to do > > Now I would expect this to give me a directory > listing. I do get the directory listing as > expected when doing the command from the local > box. I have tried other servers listed here; > > http://sunsite.dk/info/guides/rsync/rsync-mirroring03.html > > and I get the same results, when using some of my > clients I just get the motd and the client: nothing > to do error. > > Is this an issue with backwards compatibility between > new server and older client communications? > Is there a way to get the listings as expected for > all clients?
You don't mention the version numbers, but I believe the issue is yes it is a matter of client version. Can you not upgrade the older clients? - Dave Dykstra
