On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, sparty2809 wrote:

> What I want to do is use rsync to back up a folder to an external drive.
>
> I would like to keep 30 days worth.
>
> For example: I have backups of June 1 - June 30. Once July 1 comes
> along, I want to keep June 2 - July 1 and delete June 1, and so forth.
>
> Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Do the backups with rsync and write a shell script that runs every night
that deletes the 31st (and greater) backup.

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0