On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, Swartz, Patrick wrote:

This is what I was looking for when I composed my email below and just found again
concerning the " stop } "--

From: http://www.rsyslog.com/filter-optimization-with-arrays/
"The second action is represented by stop. Please note that this is case sensitive.
Basically, stop means to stop the message processing. No further processing of the
message will take place."

Is there a way to prioritize/process filters? Something like; process all
filters/configs in /etc/rsyslog.d/, before the filters in /etc/rsyslog.conf,
for example?

the prioity is the order that rsyslog sees the filters, which is the order that they appear in the file. If you use includes, it's as if you pasted the file contents in the file at that point (in an older version, rsyslog included files in reverse alpha order, now it includes them in alpha order)