Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to configure a log relay which provides:

   1. TCP input with TLS enabled
   2. TCP output to a TLS enabled endpoint.

This issue is somewhat similar but different to #1688
<https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/1688>

Example config:

#### Global #####
global(
    # My CA pem file that signes rsyslog machine and MyOtherClient machine
    # This file contains a concatenation of my CA pem and
*.tls.enabled.endpoint.com pem
    defaultNetstreamDriverCAFile="/ssl/ca.pem"
    defaultNetstreamDriverKeyFile="/ssl/rsyslog.key"
    defaultNetstreamDriverCertFile="/ssl/rsyslog.pem"
    debug.gnutls="3"
)
#### Modules ####
module(load="omstdout")
module(load="imtcp"
    streamdriver.name="gtls"
    streamdriver.mode="1"
    streamdriver.authmode="x509/name"
    PermittedPeer=["*.rsyslog.local","*.tls.enabled.endpoint.com"]
)

#### LISTENERS ####
input(type="imtcp" port="514" name="tls-input")

#### OUTPUTS ####
*.* :omstdout:

template(name="TEMPLATE_NAME"
    type="string"
    string="TEMPLATE_FORMAT"
)
*.* action(type="omfwd"
    Protocol="tcp"
    Target="listener.tls.enabled.endpoint.com"
    Port="5001"
    StreamDriver="gtls"
    StreamDriverMode="1"
    StreamDriverAuthMode="x509/name"
    StreamDriverPermittedPeers="*.tls.enabled.endpoint.com"
    template="TEMPLATE_NAME"
)

This issue also tracked in #1702
<https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/1702>

When I enable wither the TLS input *OR* omfwd to TLS endpoint, it works.
but when I try to enable both, i can send a message to the rsyslog process,
but it doesn't relay the message to the TLS output endpoint.

I believe this can benefit the community.

Best,
Yarden