From: rsyslog [mailto:rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com] On Behalf Of David Lang
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 4:49 PM
To: rsyslog-users <rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] preserving metadata on message split

No, because when the message hits the max size, the processing of the next
message (which is a fragment) is completely independent of the first message.

now, if this is a message where the metadata should be available in processing
the second fragment, I agree that it should be available.

can you give an example of a message where the metadata is lost?

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information
(other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information.  If you
e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.