Templates are how you format output (including forwarding), how messy this is depends on what you are doing.

You could have all your stuff send to 514UDP on localhost, and then have a filter that looks for any messages with a fromhost-ip of 127.0.0.1 and output them with a template that has a fixed hostname in it.

or there are many other things that could be done if you can't handle everything on the local system, but we'd need more info about what the messages are and what you want to have happen to give a good answer