On May 29, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Jonathan C. Detert wrote:
Are those errors really associated with the failure to send email?

If so, the following urls say that I should rebuild perl wish xs
support:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/perl/+bug/46281
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist%
40lists.debian.org/msg195610.html

Is this undefined subroutine really the source of the problem?  If so,
can someone either:

a) tell me which linux distro has a rt-compatible Scalar/Util.pm by
default

Do you have a C compiler?  Scalar::Util cannot build weaken without it.
I have a debian box where the broken Scalar::Util was installed but
cpan was able to install a new version that did work.

Installing /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/List/Util/Util.bs
Installing /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/List/Util/Util.so
Files found in blib/arch: installing files in blib/lib into architecture dependent library tree
Installing /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/List/Util.pm
Installing /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/Scalar/Util.pm
Installing /usr/local/man/man3/List::Util.3pm
Installing /usr/local/man/man3/Scalar::Util.3pm

If you don't see Util.so, it didn't build properly.

You don't need to rebuild perl, just Scalar::Util.

Unfortunately, Scalar::Util being broken seems to be a common distro problem these days. When rt3.6.4 is released, it will check for Scalar::Util::weaken during startup.

-kevin