Can you find log of the installation? Especially that part where you
run Makefile.PL. This extension has up to date installer to install
into plugins directory, but in the error I see old style path.

In you case I think adding "require RT::Extension::MergeUsers;" to the
end of the site config will help.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.