On Wed  7.Apr'10 at  9:24:46 -0500, John Hascall wrote:

> I received a query from one of our users who
> is seeing tickets backing up in their queue
> because they are not able to handle the volume
> at present and he is wondering if there is a
> point where that volume will adversely impact
> the perforance of RT.  I'm thinking that
> number must be very large, but I'm wondering
> if anyone has any more concrete experience.

The largest RT I know about does between 40,000 and 70,000 tickets per
day. They do shred historical tickets, lest they end up with tens of
millions of tickets per year in their production database.

At any change in database scale, you'll be looking at doing some tuning
to keep your DB running fast and efficient.

-Jesse