From: Kenneth Marshall [mailto:k...@rice.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:47 AM
To: Gareth Tupper
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Move ticket queue on date expiry

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 08:03:08AM -0700, Gareth Tupper wrote:
> Hallo
>
> Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.  I'm using RT 3.8.6.
> I'd like to move tickets to a new queue if the 'updated' date is older than 3
> days.
> The intention is to stop tickets getting lost & languishing untouched.
>
> Can RT do this?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Gareth

Hi Gareth,

You should be able to use the rt-crontool command to do this
via a cronjob on your system. Generally, if the due date for
a ticket is set correctly, the ticket will show up closer to
the top in the "10 highest priority tickets I own" window of
the dashboard.

Another way would be to simply add another window to your
dashboard, using a saved search, the display your tickets
that have not been updated in 3 days. That would be my
preferred solution, if the normal ticket order change as
the due date approaches will not work.

Regards,
Ken

RT Training in Washington DC, USA on Oct 25 & 26 2010
Last one this year -- Learn how to get the most out of RT!