RedHat is god, ftw!

On 12/13/10 10:59, Kevin Falcone wrote:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 01:50:44PM +0000, Khusro Jaleel wrote:
I am thinking of migrating an RT instance from a machine running RT
3.8.1 to a machine running 3.6, but I'm not sure if this is even
possible? Is it possible to move the MySQL DBs straight across from
3.8 to 3.6 without any issues? If there are any tweaks to be done,
are they major?

There are some pretty major schema differences, in particular
encodings.  I can't recommend against this enough.

I am trying to use a Redhat machine which only has the official EPEL
RT packages which are currently only at 3.6.

If I can't move the DBs across, is there perhaps a way I can perform
a default install on 3.6, then export / import the old (3.8) data
in?

Not really

-kevin