Hi Raed,
thanks a lot as that explains it. This user is Privileged. Removing the privilege everything works as expected.

What puzzles me is the relationship between system groups and user defined groups. I would have expected to have the possibility of limiting permissions to Privileged users in a group rather then having them as Unprivileged.
But never mind :-)

Now the problem I have is that all my imported users are Privileged, and reimporting them does not seem to change this (even with $LDAPUpdateUsers=1).

Do you reckon there's a way to bulk update users and make them Unprivileged?

Thanks,
Giuseppe