On 18 May 2012, at 7:49, Mayk Backus wrote:

Hi List,

I'm searching the list but can't find anything usefull for now. At our site, a lot of agents lack becoming owner of tickets. I want them to take a ticket first and then start working on it. Is there a way to force this that the must be an owner set ?

One way to enforce this operationally without getting agents to change work habits is a Scrip that assigns ownership to a user who updates a ticket owned by "Nobody". Using Scrips to automate work rules rather than Rights settings allows for more complex and nuanced rules, particularly ones that you might want agents to be able to reverse by a conscious choice. For example, the RT instance I wrangle has a Scrip that runs when a ticket is resolved that gives ownership of "Nobody" tickets to the person who is resolving the ticket. This has the useful side-effect of making sure Requestors don't get notification of resolution without a specific responsible human identified. Agents can still specifically go back and disown a ticket they've been given by that Scrip, but that would be a distinct transaction they have to do intentionally.

On the other hand, fine-tuning Rights provides agents with UI clues about the proper workflow, provided they have been trained well.