Hi, just take regular backups of your SQL server. If mail fails the sending
party should retry. If your system is down for longer than the mail retry limit
a) the sender will be notified by their mail server and b) presumably you will
notice if your server is down for 5 days.

One thing to watch out for that I have encountered previously is if the rt
thread handling the incoming message runs out of memory and dies you will lose
the message... But if my memory serves me right we saw this only on outbound
correspondence (ie a ticket reply from rt to the requester), not inbound.

Regards,
--
Chris Herrmann
Far Edge