On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 05:03:49AM -0700, Vas wrote:
> A little update.
> I have manage to install rt 4.2.9 on a dev server on ubuntu 14.4.1 :)
> I have followed as you recommended this:
> http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/backups.html#Restoring-from-backups
> and have made the rt-dump.sql.gz and moved it to the new dev server.
> Since this is a fresh install with no data do I still need to
>  /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action drop
>     /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action create ?
> Or do I go
>   gunzip -c rt-dump.sql.gz | psql rt4
> and then
> /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade?

If it's a fresh install, how did you install it?
Did you already run 'make initdb' from the tarball?
If so, then you will have tables you shouldn't have already and yes,
will want to drop and create before running upgrade.
If you've not run make initdb then you'll want to run

     /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action create,acl

Which is documented under the catastrophic part of those docs.

> I would be most grateful if I could get an answer to my problem.

I'll note that the mailing lists don't have an SLA, in fact they have
no guarantee of a response (especially not on a Sunday, or when the
engineers who monitor the list are on vacation).  If you need an SLA,
that's what Best Practical's commercial services are for.

-kevin